priceyant

Reputable
Jul 2, 2018
So I am planning on buying a new high end laptop, 3080, 64gb ram, etc. When I was customizing some laptops I ran into a Sager Clevo (pc70hs) which I was able to make for much cheaper than other brands such as Msi and Alienware ($600 difference). So it seems the Sager is the best option but the only thing holding me back is the brand, because I have never heard of Sager or Clevo and I’m scared of either low quality hardware or unsupported software. I have an Alienware desktop and never really have had problems with them so I’m thinking about getting that but I’m not sure if it’s worth $600 more. Also I couldn’t find like any reviews for the Clevo pc70hs to see how it’s cooling and performance is. Any insight about Sager or anything is appreciated. And if I should try to stick with MSI or Alienware.

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
Many boutique shops use Clevo for their laptops. Sager being one, I have had a Sager and loved it. Very user friendly and upgradeable and very good quality in my opinion. I no longer need a laptop so have gone to desktops only, but I would be very comfortable getting another if I needed a laptop.

Last edited:
Sager is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for lot of laptops for other large companies, meaning they actually make a lot of the laptops branded MSI or other brands.

I would not worry about reliability with them.

D

Deleted member 14196

Sager is a good brand. They use Clevo cases and stuff. Both are good quality