Is Samsung Odyssey a good laptop?

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018
Weeks ago, I was struggling whether to buy ASUS TUF and Strix series.

I heard ASUS TUF series has serious problems with their laptops. Not so much with Strix, but still prevalent. Thus I decided to choose something else: Samsung Notebook Odyssey.

This laptop's CPU adjusts its clock speed automatically, which avoids overheating. When running normal applications, the clock speed lowers to avoid overheating. It only increases when gaming. Yeah, I heard that overheating is obvious with laptops with Core i7H. Not only that, the cooling system is only average (I can add extra cooling peripherals). But beside all that, it is a fine laptop to me.

But the laptop is small and thin. And thin laptops are more prone to have issues. Some don't recommend it. But here in South Korea, most domestic brands such as Samsung and LG are thin. Thick laptops are of the foreign brand. The repair services are good in domestic brands. They fix the products well. The foreign brands, not so well. So even if the domestic laptops have problems, the services can fix it well. Better to buy a domestic brand with problems and good service, rather than good foreign brands with poor service.

TRENDING THREADS