Is sapphire pulse rx580 8gb OC edition worth it ?

dogizmo

Reputable
Feb 19, 2018
Recently sapphire pulse Rx 580 8gb OC get good discount in my country, i am thinking that buying it with 1080p 144Hz freesync monitor is it worth it right now ? Or wait discount for Gtx1060 or maybe 1070?Or stay at my current gpu r9 380 4gb wait RTX. also did i get more than 100 fps with Rx 580 8Gb OC to benefit 144Hz.

Solution
I think 1080p 144hz is a decent match for an RX580, particularly with freesync. As you run into more demanding titles in the future you will still get a tearing free experience.

GTX1060 does tend to do better on older DX11 based titles but the RX cards do much better on vulcan/mantle/DX12 titles.

If you can afford an RTX2070, then you might as well pick up a GTX1080Ti. I don't think the 2070 is going to rival that too much. Rumors abound that the 2060/2050 will be a GTX card not RTX.

I don't think the prices for Pascal cards are going to be effected much by the RTX launch, the price gap is too great. The market is flooded with used cards which I think is doing more to drive Pascal prices down then these new cards.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I think 1080p 144hz is a decent match for an RX580, particularly with freesync. As you run into more demanding titles in the future you will still get a tearing free experience.

GTX1060 does tend to do better on older DX11 based titles but the RX cards do much better on vulcan/mantle/DX12 titles.

If you can afford an RTX2070, then you might as well pick up a GTX1080Ti. I don't think the 2070 is going to rival that too much. Rumors abound that the 2060/2050 will be a GTX card not RTX.

I don't think the prices for Pascal cards are going to be effected much by the RTX launch, the price gap is too great. The market is flooded with used cards which I think is doing more to drive Pascal prices down then these new cards.

Solution

dogizmo

Reputable
Feb 19, 2018

Thank you for your answer,
so what should i do what is your suggest ? Lastly what do you think about this sapphire pulse edition.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Sapphire has been around a long time. I don't think they make any particularly bad products. Typically when shopping for a GPU you look at the coolers and the GPU. (In rare cases you try to track down AIB that use specific memory vendors for overclocking).

So some nice plated heatpipes, large aluminum fin area, and two large fans. A bit ugly for my personal tastes, but Sapphire has more or less always had cards out there with the boxy shape. The backplate is rather specific, but if you don't mind the colors, it is fine.

Not really enough information to say. What is the rest of your system like, how much are you willing to spend?

Nothing is really going to change the price of the RX580 and GTX1060 in the near future. A potential GTX2060 might be a little faster, but likely will have a price to match. AMD's next release plan was for a mid-range card with GTX1080 levels of performance. But that would still be a rather expensive card, particularly if it is good at async compute, then the miners will buy out the stock like what happened to Vega 56 and 64.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you have a FreeSync monitor, it's usually better to go with AMD.

The RX580 is equal to or slightly better than the GTX 1060 . . HOWEVER, I don't think it's going to make a very large difference compared to the R9 380.

I'm not sure it's worth the cost to go from the 380 to the 580.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
About a 20% increase in core count and going from GCN 3rd gen to GCN 4th gen with its about 30% increase in clock speed. 3000Mhz effective increase in memory speed. Doubling of amount of memory. (That is just the raw numbers though)

Userbenchmark gives it an average of 37% faster in gaming. http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-R9-380-vs-AMD-RX-580/3482vs3923

On the heavy hitting games it looks like the difference between 40FPS and 60FPS. Not going to get 144hz on some titles without reducing some settings though.

A GTX1070 would offer more performance per dollar, but it is more dollar. (And at that point might as well pick up the cheapest GTX1070Ti you can find)

I have r9 390x and Sapphire Special Edition 8gb Rx580.
I now use the 580 only because when i hammer my computer the UPS doesn't like it too much, but with the 580 is more efficient.
The difference between my 390x and 580 is that similar Eximo says, the 390x beats the 580 in DX11 but the 580 is slightly better in DX12
If I could do it again, I wouldn't have got the 580 and kept with the 390x I have.

I don't think you will gain any benefits from going to the 580 unless you want to save power and want the slightly better FPS in games

dogizmo

Reputable
Feb 19, 2018

But i am going to buy OC edition of rx580 8gb and 390x much better than my current card r9 380 4gb.I am expecting hit 144fps for 144hz monitor even low-medium settings ok for me