[SOLVED] is Screen tearing related with HDMI to VGA converter?

Thriliya

Reputable
May 29, 2019
hello there!
I'm facing screen tearing problem with a game (ac origins). i play GTA 5 too. but never faced problem like this. My monitor is Samsung SyncMaster S19B150 with 60hz of refresh rate. the monitor has VGA port. and my GPU is Rx 580 which has HDMI port. so I had to use a VGA to HDMI converter to connect them. So I'm thinking right now, if the problem has something to do with the converter? or just only the monitor refresh rate syncing?

Would be grateful if anybody could explain it!!
Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thank you <3 <3

Solution
Unfortunately, this is a common issue with such conversions. The HDMI port lacks the VGA analog signal so it must be provided by the adapter. This is not a terribly fast, efficient process.

Your best long term solution would be to change your display to one with native digital ports.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Unfortunately, this is a common issue with such conversions. The HDMI port lacks the VGA analog signal so it must be provided by the adapter. This is not a terribly fast, efficient process.

Your best long term solution would be to change your display to one with native digital ports.

Reactions: Thriliya
Solution

Thriliya

Reputable
May 29, 2019

I have dvi-d port in both gpu and monitor. so should i use that digital dvi-d cable to connect them?