Jul 17, 2019
So I have a 2080ti and am thinking about selling it and getting a 3080ti when it comes out (I know it will be a while just want to have an idea of what to do when it does) Does sellgpu give a fair amount for used gpus or should I try to sell it on eBay when the time comes.

Solution
SellGPU will offer $602 USD, today for any 2080TI.

When the next top tier card launches, that will reduce. Compare a 1080TI to give you an idea of how it might age (not exactly, but you get the idea)... Sell GPU offers $252

The absolute lowest a (working) 2080TI has sold for on eBay, ever (as far as I can tell) is $450... and that was an inadequately cooled reference style design..... and I'd probably question the validity of that sale.

The lowest recent 2080TI sale on eBay is $760, auction for a blower system...
Typically, a decent 2080TI will sell for $800-$1000 all day long.

Even accounting for eBay fees.... the low end $800 less 10% = $720 / 20% more cash in your pocket/PayPal.

To compare to the other cards, a 1080TI sells...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
SellGPU will offer $602 USD, today for any 2080TI.

When the next top tier card launches, that will reduce. Compare a 1080TI to give you an idea of how it might age (not exactly, but you get the idea)... Sell GPU offers $252

The absolute lowest a (working) 2080TI has sold for on eBay, ever (as far as I can tell) is $450... and that was an inadequately cooled reference style design..... and I'd probably question the validity of that sale.

The lowest recent 2080TI sale on eBay is $760, auction for a blower system...
Typically, a decent 2080TI will sell for $800-$1000 all day long.

Even accounting for eBay fees.... the low end $800 less 10% = $720 / 20% more cash in your pocket/PayPal.

To compare to the other cards, a 1080TI sells for ~$400 pretty easy.

So, beyond the convenience factor.... no, SellGPU is not going to net you anywhere close to a fair market value.

Reactions: gamer666
Solution

mjbn1977

Distinguished
I would try to sell it myself. How much you can sell if for depends pretty much on when exactly you are selling it and how much it costs to buy a new card with similar performance at this time. But usually you get more money from selling direct than going through a used items 3rd party platform.

Also, if you want to get the most money for your card your definitely want to hit the market BEFORE something faster will hit the market and take a break from gaming for a couple of month or so. For example, if big navi hits, and the 17% more performance than 2080Ti are true, depending on the AMD price, you could see an instant drop on 2080Ti resell value.

USAFRet

Titan
So I have a 2080ti and am thinking about selling it and getting a 3080ti when it comes out (I know it will be a while just want to have an idea of what to do when it does) Does sellgpu give a fair amount for used gpus or should I try to sell it on eBay when the time comes.
Sites like that don't give you top dollar. They have to sell it and make a bit of a profit as well.
What they do give is convenience, and a known price.
You get some fewer $$, but you don't have to hassle with the 'auction', potential scammers, and ebay/paypal fees.
An Easy Button.

Up to you.

TRENDING THREADS