Is Sentey a good brand for Power Supply Units?

TheCoolsurdy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
I currently have a 750w Sentey PSU. It still works, but this is the 3rd drive to fail this year. I currently have a Samsung 850 EVO, I used to have an OCZ Vertex 460A and a Seagate 500GB SSHD, all of which have failed/my current SSD is exhibiting faulty behavior. All the drives failed with this power supply.

I had the exact same BSOD/freeze with EACH drive, so something believes me to think that my motherboard or PSU is faulty.

I'm looking into buying this EVGA 600W for $40, http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-Continuous-Warranty-100-B1-0600-KR/product-reviews/B00EON40CS/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?showViewpoints=1&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1 and I want to know if its worth it or I'd just be wasting my money.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

Why specifically those? EVGA GS and EVGA G2 at lower cost than the V750 and RM750i are the better units.

Just examples, those were the ones that came to mind.

TheCoolsurdy

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

I was thinking of getting the 600w version for $39.99, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFAFRW6/?tag=pcpapi-20

Is it worth paying $27 more for that version? I only have a GTX 770 and FX 6300, no plans to OC.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
EVGA B600 is not that good of a unit, made by HEC Compucase.

EVGA B2 750w is made by Super Flower who produce one of the best power supplies right now.

Basically it is not possible to expect a quality power supply that costs below 50-ish dollars. Most of them are bad. Usually the EVGA B2 750w costs about 70-75 dollars.

The EVGA B2 could last you up to 4-5 years more mind you.

Daddty

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015

I've seen models made by Sirtec and Super Flower as well, which are good manufacturers. I guess, like most brands, it just depends on the model and who actually made it?

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Yeah pretty much. A certain brand can have 9 bad power supplies and suddenly 1 good series. All depends on who makes them. They're usually overpriced when they're good though, take a look at Enermax. Most of them bad and the couple that are good are very expensive.