Is "shoprunner" legit?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DataSnake

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
There's a thing on newegg offering "free 2-day shipping" if you use ShopRunner's 30-day trial. On the one hand, that seems too good to be true, but on the other, Newegg is usually pretty trustworthy.
My questions are:
1. Is this a scam, where they make it hard to cancel before your "free trial" expires?
2. How can I tell, without joining, which items are eligible?

stephenhagerty

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
Haven't used it others say it's a decent service some say horrible things. Seems the horrible reviews come from people not understanding handling time vs shipping time. For example 2 days shipping can take 5 total days if purchase point allows sellers a handling time of 1-3 days which is often the case. I've sold on eBay and Amazon both allowed at least a day or two of handling time for you to package ship and have leeway time to keep up with orders.

Little tip Shop Runner service is free for two years for PayPal members. I'm about to try the service under this promotion. If it sucks I'll report back. Sounds like those who understood what handling time is liked the service. Basically prime 2 day shipping for a lot of stores sans Amazon.

lindalbien

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017

lindalbien

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Yes, it's legitimate. If you have a Swagbucks account you are eligible for Shoprunner for free. For as long as you keep your Swagbucks account of course. It's not disappointing, and even if it takes 3 days instead of 2 the shipping is free. Shipping costs are enough to make many people unable to order online, so free is good.