DataSnake

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
There's a thing on newegg offering "free 2-day shipping" if you use ShopRunner's 30-day trial. On the one hand, that seems too good to be true, but on the other, Newegg is usually pretty trustworthy.
My questions are:
1. Is this a scam, where they make it hard to cancel before your "free trial" expires?
2. How can I tell, without joining, which items are eligible?

tecmo34

Administrator
I won't do it... If you forget to cancel or have issues, you are looking at a $79.00 fee! Unless you order online a lot, it just isn't worth that amount of money compared to the $15.00 or so to ship UPS ground...

dad456

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
thats crazy. simple math - 79/15 = is about 5 orders. if you order 5 times in 12 months, shoprunner pays for itself. definitely worth it if you shop a lot. and they have a ton of retailers in addition to newegg....

vampirecats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I have to say that they have been nothing but amazing. when i order things from Newegg no matter what it's there in 2 days, most of the time the next day because i live kinda close to the Newegg warehouse in New Jersey(300 miles). even when things were shipped from the California or Tennessee warehouse's i got 2ND day air. that's over $50 to get 2ND day air on a 7 pound Package from CA to MD. Just incredible and i pay $8.95 a month for shoprunner

dnstrom

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
I tried shop runner and never used it for a whole 350 days. They said if you never used it for a year you can get your money back. When I canceled they credited a defunct old credit card with closed account. then then said it was my problem. I have never received a refund..

TOTAL SCAM!! DONT DO IT! go to Amazon Prime!

shakinhandz

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I used the free 30 day trial on Newegg. Three more purchases enabled me for a 90 day trial for free. Two more purchases from a shoprunner retailer I get it free for a year. Its worth it, at least to me. Just make sure you cancel within the thirty days. However do it after 3-5 purchases online and they'll hook you up with more free time.

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
When I built my latest PC I signed up for the 30 day trail. It was as advertised and worked great. Cancelled my "trial" before the time limit was up and wasn't charged a cent. Saved $45 worth of shipping in that month.

Pervy GamerHax

Honorable
Apr 18, 2014
Dude I did the 30 day trial, ordered some pizzas with it and then cancelled. They then gave me a freaking 1 year of service and I have to admit it's awesome. Shoprunner helps a lot with delivery fees and it's totally worth it if you do a lot of online shopping.

pikejo

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014

i thought it was great, i just wanted to save money on a pizza and so i signed up, ordered and then canceled the trial and it was all good :)

jagooch

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
It's ok if you want to limit yourself to a few select stores and don't have the patience for the free standard shipping that most sites offer.

I generally only shop at online stores that already have free shipping, so Shoprunner at it's best won't save me a dime.
Ymmv, but I'd stay far away from this. Trial memberships and 'it's easy to cancel' are telltale signs that something. Is not on the up and up.

bgi123

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
I use shoprunner all the time. Free 2 day shipping PLUS free return shipping also! If you newegg a lot or use tigerdirect then shoprunner is great. Shipping back defective items is always free.

They also have a lot of other retailers that are partnered with them. Also if you simply ordered 3 items they give you an extra 90 days and if you order 5 more items they give you a year free.. Its Legit as heck. You can cancel online at anytime also.

Olawles

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011

I did the 30-day trial and removed my card from the account immediately, and it was great. I then saw an offer on reddit about a year or two after the trial ran out for 1 free year, so I nabbed it and it's still active now. It does work if you decide to use the service.

Stephanie Meaglia

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014

to answer you, yes it is so legit. i even forgot to cancel and they canceled it for me and refunded me 2 weeks late they are awesome

Stephanie Meaglia

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
yes shoprunner is legit. they even cancelled for me 2 weeks late after the free 30 day trial cuz i forgot and they gave me a refund they're awesome

Imaxa

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
I have shoprunner and the two day shipping is somewhere between blatantly not true and thoroughly misleading. It is two days from whenever it ships not counting Saturdays. So I ordered something on Wednesday morning and it didn't arrive until Monday, which is a little ridiculous. For something that is clearly promoting itself as an alternative to Amazon Prime, I find it to be very misleading.

spellbinder2050

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008

You have to admit though, free shipping owns. Can you use Amazon Prime on Newegg or other places? Serious question. -.-

gsayles88

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016

It's just plain Horrible!!!
On occasion they will back up their claims of sending items with in two days. Unfortunately half of the time that I have used them, the shipping arrives at standard mailing rates, which has caused me to miss deadlines. If you have something that is time sensitive, ShopRunner is a bonafide disappointment. What's worse, is after they admit to not fulfilling their claims, they offer nothing as a recourse; no discounts for membership, no extended membership, nothing, giving as an excuse other circumstances as the probable reason for the delays. Yet they still expect you to pay (after the trial membership) for services they fail to render. STAY AWAY!!!

kaamady

Prominent
May 24, 2017
Shoprunner is running a deal that if you use an American Express card, the membership is free. I have used it on two orders and they arrived on time. It's amazing, because I hate not being able to use prime shipping on everything.

PPandora

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017

Are you stupid? "total scam", because you closed your account, and they refunded to the payment source?

You didn't get a refund on another card because who's to stop a random person from calling, saying they are me, and asking for a refund for my subscription on a different card than what's on my file?

A: It's an obvious security feature, that you are probably just trying to abuse and that's why you are bent out of shape.

Try keeping a debit card active when you know you are going to do a return, or just continue in your imaginary universe, that revolves around you. pointing your finger, accusing others of being the problem.

Edward_118

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
So is the 2 day shipping legit? I ordered some parts from newegg yesterday (Sunday) and today it is Monday and it still says they are "processing". I should have just went with b&h for all my parts, I live in New York and they actually have free next day shipping

Sonne978

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Ordered from Newegg and shipped through Shoprunner. Estimated 3 days instead of 2, and actually took 4... I can't suggest these guys.