[SOLVED] is SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES230 - 500 Watt 80+ Power Supply good for my pc?

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
so i decided to upgrade my psu, would you guys recomend me the SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES230 - 500 Watt 80+ Power Supply for my sytem in my country it's cheap and a lot of comunity recomend this brand
My system:
Ryzen 3 3200g
1×8 gb Ram 2666
2HDD 7200
GIGABYTE A320M-S2H V2
RX 470 BIOSTAR

would you guys recomend this psu, or you guys can recomend another psu for me that even worth it than this one

Solution
No, that's not a very good PSU. Brand value is almost useless when buying PSU's, all brands have good and bad PSU models, and the model you have selected is one of the bad ones from Silverstone. What country are you in, and how much can you spend on the PSU? You can use the below Tier List to see if a PSU is good or not: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/ . I would recommend getting at least a Tier C PSU, better if possible. The PSU you mention is a Tier D.
No, that's not a very good PSU. Brand value is almost useless when buying PSU's, all brands have good and bad PSU models, and the model you have selected is one of the bad ones from Silverstone. What country are you in, and how much can you spend on the PSU? You can use the below Tier List to see if a PSU is good or not: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/ . I would recommend getting at least a Tier C PSU, better if possible. The PSU you mention is a Tier D.

Solution

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
I live in Indonesia, I look at the list the only one fit in my budget just Cougar VTE 500W AND 600W, another doesn't listed there,I also want to ask about Enermax MAXPRO II EMP600AGT-C 600Watt 80+ Flat Cable, is it good too or no, because my friend recommend this one and FSP HV PRO 550W.

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
They're all pretty terrible choices.
The FSP HV Pro looks the be the better unit of the bunch, but it's far from being a decent choice.

Are you willing yo upgrade to a dedicated GPU in the future?
i guest not, if i upgrade it would be rx 570, rx 580 or gtx 1650, the reason in upgrading my psu because my rx 470 keep crashing when it's fullload i dont now which fault, for now i blame the psu

i guest not, if i upgrade it would be rx 570, rx 580 or gtx 1650, the reason in upgrading my psu because my rx 470 keep crashing when it's fullload i dont now which fault, for now i blame the psu

Haven't even noticed that you actually have a dedicated GPU (your RX 470)... initially thought you were using the integrated GPU.

What's the availability in your country? From what online store(preferably) are you buying from? What is your budget?

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
Haven't even noticed that you actually have a dedicated GPU (your RX 470)... initially thought you were using the integrated GPU.

What's the availability in your country? From what online store(preferably) are you buying from? What is your budget?
In my country there is a lot of good and unknown brand but i don't know which one good or not.
i prefer go to computer store not online store, im only have about $55 dollar

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020

should i take seasonic s12III 500W?
it cost around $53, but i dont its good and powerfull enough for my system

Last edited:

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
No problems.

Also, another small piece of advice for you in the future... it would be great if you could upgrade to a dual channel memory kit (2x8 gb). It should improve performance significantly for quite a small price.
so my city
Well... I can't really recommend something in this case, because I don't really know what's available out there.

Searched for some online stores in your country... found a few.
If you could buy this Cooler Master MWE 550 V2 Bronze unit... would be great:

https://www.enterkomputer.com/detail/167366/Cooler-Master-MWE-550-V2-80-Bronze

It is much better than the S12III and it fits your budget... a bit under 55 USD.
so none of the store stock This PSU, and the online store cost more than the psu, what should i take, despite i really need it for testing my gpu.

so my city

so none of the store stock This PSU, and the online store cost more than the psu, what should i take, despite i really need it for testing my gpu.

That's unfortunate... I can't really provide you recommendations since I don't know what's available and what's not to you.

Also, your budget is quite low and it's hard to find something decent around it. Have you checked this PSU tier list:

I'd mainly stick with Tier A or B, but with your budget it'll be hard to find a unit that cheap.