[SOLVED] Is something wrong with my 2080 TI?

Oct 8, 2019
Without sounding arrogant - Anyone I've mentioned my build to has said "Wow, you shouldn't have any problems running the games you play".

I've been playing GTA V and Forza Horizon 4 and I get texture pop CONSTANTLY now. In GTA it's when far objects need to load (This never used to happen before) and on Forza Horizon 4 is when I am at high speeds and the game seemingly cannot keep up, giving me "Streaming Error", or whatever it's called when you're low on bandwith.

Both games run exceedingly well except for this one pop issue! 120 FPS on Ultra everything in 4k. NO ISSUES besides this.

The specs

Rtx 2080 TI - Not OC'd
I9 9900K OC'd to 4.2GHz (I tried 5 but knew I wasn't capable enough to determine whether or not it was at a healthy performance rate)
32gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram
MSI MEG ACE z390 Mobo with the latest bio update
H150i 360mm Cooler in a meshify c case (Yes it WILL fit in the front if you remove a panel, couldn't believe it).
850W PSU.
1 TB SSD (I will report back with the brand, but it's got plenty of space left).

All of the temps are perfect with the cooler, GPU runs really well and the airflow is great!

Does anyone know why this happens? In Forza it suggested "Lack of CPU Resources" but even though my temperature was fantastic, I tried setting the game to "HIGH" with absolutely 0 change.

The pop isn't awful but for a system like this, it just shouldn't be doing it. I feel as though I'm capitulating if I turn down the game settings to just high because the frame rate is out of this world, it's this one odd issue.

Last edited:
Solution
Well if you are getting 120fps and tv is capable of 60 then there can be issues. I’d try vsync and see how it does with FPS capped at 60. Will keep your GPU from working as hard also.
Oct 8, 2019
One, what’s your monitor? Two and unrelated, why is your 9900k at 4.2Ghz? If you leave it at stock settings it will run at least 4.7

Yeah I had saw "CPU resources may be limited", although that's the default message in FH4, so I tried to lower it to see if maybe me OCing it caused the change.

My monitor is actually a vizio 40 inch tv. Refresh rate is 60 and isn't giving me any problems.