[SOLVED] Is something wrong with my motherboard?

penguinplaysagario

Honorable
Jun 9, 2018
Currently i have:

Asrock H61M-HVS motherboard
I5-3570
GTX 1050 ti
8gb Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Sports RAM.

My pc is very very slow as of right now for example when i open a program it takes like 15-20 seconds for it to open up.

And also when i fire up some games like warzone it really stutters even on the lowest settings i can go on, but when i look up on youtube people with the same specs in the game for example warzone their game runs super smooth and crisp.

If you need more info let me know or contact me on discord: [removed]
Is the problem my motherboard? Should i upgrade, if yes what would be a good option?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager to observe system performance.

First observe while doing nothing, then while doing light work/browsing, and then while gaming.

Use just one of the tools at a time but do use both.

What you are looking for is some bottleneck where some resource is at a high % and then what app is consuming the resource.

Remember that you can click the column headers to sort the data.

Also look in Task Manager's Startup tab. Ensure that everything being launched is identifiable and that you do, indeed, want that app to be launched. However, do not just start disabling things, especially if not immediately identifiable.

What make, model, and size is/are the drive()s and how full are the drive(s)?

PSU: make...

Ralston18

Titan
Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager to observe system performance.

First observe while doing nothing, then while doing light work/browsing, and then while gaming.

Use just one of the tools at a time but do use both.

What you are looking for is some bottleneck where some resource is at a high % and then what app is consuming the resource.

Remember that you can click the column headers to sort the data.

Also look in Task Manager's Startup tab. Ensure that everything being launched is identifiable and that you do, indeed, want that app to be launched. However, do not just start disabling things, especially if not immediately identifiable.

What make, model, and size is/are the drive()s and how full are the drive(s)?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Solution