Is something wrong with my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elena9525

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I'm only seeing an "American MegaTrends" logo on my screen when I boot my newly-built system up, although in my experience, the motherboard manufacturer's logo (ASUS, for instance) should appear before it. I'm using a cheap, $60 Biostar board if that's relevant to anything.

Additionally, it seems like the BIOS is all eight-bit and retro in contrast to the slick, hardware-accelerated-3Dish-look of the BIOS in the motherboard's quick installation guide (which was the only "manual" that shipped with the board).

Other than that, my system seems to recognize both sticks of my RAM, my CPU, my optical drive, my hard drive... Everything seems to be in order. Any feedback would be appreciated. :p I'm not terribly literate when it comes to software.

Solution
You might have turned off the fullscreen logo. American Megatrends is the designer of the PC BIOS / UEFI firmware that the motherboard manufacturer installed on the board.

Biostar boards are horrible, so you should expect some problems. However, if it's working properly there's nothing to worry about for now.
You might have turned off the fullscreen logo. American Megatrends is the designer of the PC BIOS / UEFI firmware that the motherboard manufacturer installed on the board.

Biostar boards are horrible, so you should expect some problems. However, if it's working properly there's nothing to worry about for now.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS