Question Is something wrong with my PC's specs?

Jan 21, 2023
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3-CF
Monitor: Optix G24C

For context, my uncle made this custom build for me a few years ago. I don't know much about building PCs, but I've read that my hardware should still work well to this day. However, I'm running too low frames with the many games I play. Sometimes, I have to play on the lowest settings, and sometimes that doesn't work. I make sure to air-dust and take care of my PC. I don't understand why the frames are so low in so many games.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3-CF
Monitor: Optix G24C

For context, my uncle made this custom build for me a few years ago. I don't know much about building PCs, but I've read that my hardware should still work well to this day. However, I'm running too low frames with the many games I play. Sometimes, I have to play on the lowest settings, and sometimes that doesn't work. I make sure to air-dust and take care of my PC. I don't understand why the frames are so low in so many games.
Probably needs new thermal paste.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just for context, how about some info. Like have your games actually slowed down from what you are used to, or is it new games are running slower than you'd expect?

What are your temps like when gaming, when was the last time you cleaned up the windows temp files, what are you using forr storage, how full? Etc.

Jan 21, 2023
Just for context, how about some info. Like have your games actually slowed down from what you are used to, or is it new games are running slower than you'd expect?

What are your temps like when gaming, when was the last time you cleaned up the windows temp files, what are you using forr storage, how full? Etc.
I used to play games such as Overwatch at 144 fps, but recently, I'd be lucky to maintain a consistent 90 fps. I tried playing Valheim, which isn't graphically intensive and relies mostly on the CPU. However, I still drop frames like crazy on medium settings. In general, I am not getting the same frames I had a year or so ago.

I make sure to consistently clean temp files through %temp% and delete what I can along with Window's disk cleanup feature. My temperature is about 165 degrees when in the main menu of Overwatch, which might be an issue. I have one SSD and one hard drive. The SSD has 22.4 GB of free space, and the hard drive has 537 GB of free space.

TRENDING THREADS