Question Is Sonos actually good or is it just good marketing?

Nov 3, 2021
I really like the look of Sonos surround sound, but Im hyper aware that the sites with the best marketing sometimes don't justify the extra price. The units seem really pricey and I'm wondering if maybe I'd just be paying for the brand prestige?

Can't say much about their audio quality, but for system and multi-room integration they are very good. If you are getting a single room setup and know how to handle sending media to the device without issues there are cheaper options that would sound as good or better, based on what exactly you like to hear of-course. If you want things playing in different rooms or managing speakers in different rooms/areas, Sonos has a well earned reputation there.

D

Deleted member 14196

My nephew has them and they are very good at sound quality as well. But they are very expensive And then you are locked into using only their stuff

Sound quality is very relative. Depends what you are used too and personal choice. I’ve heard a few Sonos setups in homes, shops and an exhibition. All left me feeling the sound quality was mediocre for the price and you were paying the premium for the excellent connectivity and app support. I always felt there were cheaper options that sounded as good or better but without connectivity.