Question Is SSD crucial BX500 480GB good choise?

The Crucial BX series is their budget offering. The performance and longevity should be plenty for the majority of use cases, but they are still inexpensive dramless drives that lack the performance or endurance of higher end drives.

My general recommendations for quality 2.5in SSDs are the Samsung 870/860 Evo and Crucial MX500.

What country is this, and what models are available to you?

Jul 17, 2022
We have (Western Digital WD Green WDS480G2G0A 480GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD).

ADATA Ultimate SU630 480GB 2.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive (SSD),.

Gigabyte GIGABYTE 480GB SATA 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive (SSD),.

Kingston A400 480GB Solid-State Drive (SA400S37/480G)

SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5 Inch Solid State Drive (SSD)

I used a Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB as a boot drive for several years. That's probably the best performer. It has things like a DRAM cache which is nice for a boot drive.

The Kingston, WD Green and Crucial BX are all kind of similar. I would say Sandisk or Gigabyte, problem with the latter is I'm not 100% sure I'm looking at the same drive.

Sandisk Extreme Pro would be the best pick. Of the list, it is the only one that stands out as a good quality unit. The rest are lower quality budget drives.

As far as the Gigabyte SSDs go... The Gigabyte UD (Ultra Durable) SSDs are quality units with a DRAM cache. However, the regular Gigabyte SSD series without UD branding are dramless units. My daily driver laptop uses a 240gb Gigabyte drive I bought about 2 years ago. Bought it since at the time it was the cheapest 240gb SSD I could buy from a reputable brand. Have had 0 issues.