Is Stargate Worlds Doomed? MGM Says Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
At least make it a somewhat clever and relatively entertaining comment if you're going to brag that you were first... Many others have read the article before you and have found nothing to comment on it and thus haven't even given it the blessing of such comments.

You on the other hand, found it thrilling enough to proclaim your lack of anything else to do.

anhxeom

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
MGM may pull the Stagate license from publisher Firesky if it doesn't cough up more funds.

Was your spell check off?

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I don't get how on these multi-million dollar game projects they end up without enough money to pay the 3 people left developing the game. If you're going to make this kind of a big investment, make damn sure you keep enough funds to hire a fucking crew to work on the game. Why does this happen?

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
I dont think any of them use spell check at Toms anymore.

Where The F*%K is Rob Wright these day? I need to surf where he is to get some game reviews.

Anyway, shame to see this happening but the game really didnt appear to have any ground breaking playability going on. Maybe thell find new funding if "Stargate Universe" gets good ratings.

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
MGM is just being a dick, like a month ago they FINALLY went after a Stargate themed browser game that's been around almost 4 years

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
They have had no luck with any stargate games they end up giving license to two bit developers running from there basement, every time a stargate game goes into development it becomes vaporware.

They need to give license to well established developers , i have been waiting for an offline stargate game based on series nothing was ever made for the pc or ps3.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
hey have had no luck with any stargate games they end up giving license to two bit developers running from there basement, every time a stargate game goes into development it becomes vaporware.

They need to give license to well established developers , i have been waiting for an offline stargate game based on series nothing was ever made for the pc or ps3.

Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment. HAHAHAHAAA that is funny. Its kind of sad that MGM is doing this, they where even advertising the game for a while.

I had always questioned the use of the unreal 3 engine for a MMO with so many users running around.

Time will tell.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]anhxeom[/nom]MGM may pull the Stagate license from publisher Firesky if it doesn't cough up more funds.Was your spell check off?[/citation]

"Stargate" is still underlined by spell check. It's not in the dictionary, not would you expect it to be,. I'm usually rather picky about spelling and grammar when I write, but I didn't even notice that. It's not a very big deal, you get the point from the other ten times in the article.

Idk, I'm not a fan of pay per month MMO's, they all seem to be somewhat the same and over-addicting/life stealing. They're stupid the first time you play them, but you keep playing because you're bored, and voila! your addicted and can't stop playing. Hence why Blizzard is so &^%*ing rich. I'll stick to my FPS ^_^

coverfire

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2003
Stargate Should have been released a long time ago as an FPS which should have evolved into an MMO.... Ahhh well... sucks since I love the franchise. Hope Universe brings something new to the table. I know I'm looking forward to it.

jamesl

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
[citation][nom]coverfire[/nom]Stargate Should have been released a long time ago as an FPS which should have evolved into an MMO.... Ahhh well... sucks since I love the franchise. Hope Universe brings something new to the table. I know I'm looking forward to it.[/citation]

FPS ? !
no way
its obviously a "follow cam" rpg

mi1stormilst

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
I have personally visited the Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment facility and one of the investors lives in my neighborhood. This game looked very viable several months ago...even though I can't stand MMO's. The graphics looked good, at least one level looked fairly playable. I did not witness any MP aspects of the game, but I agree that perhaps a single player experience would have been a better place to start. I had heard rumors that money was a real problem for quite a while now. Perhaps if they had not spent a gazillion dollars on the lobby with the real life Stargate they could have paid the staff?

ViPr

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
why are there people saying that Unreal Engine 3 can do anti-aliasing but then i keep seeing official screenshots like this?

Since the game is still in dev, maybe they have not even added the AA options(for some reason i remember it in Unreal3) to the game menus. Most video cards can force AA on games. Not always with success, but with that engine i think it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.