houek

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2013
Hi guys, look at test of Corsair Force MP500 120GB. Write speed is terrible low, other parameters also looks bad.

I think I already accepted that my drive is dying, but I would like to know why. What can me a reason of that big differences between read and write? Or maybe is it some bad configuration somewhere?

Solution
@kanewolf

Also I've cheked firmware and it was latest verision.
Interesting. It shows the drive status as "FAILED" but no failed values listed.
I think you have to prepare for an unpredictable failure time frame. Might be in 5 min might be in 2 months. You should do appropriate backups and purchase a replacement. Then, on your schedule, replace it.

I would also contact Corsair support. This seems very odd.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi guys, look at test of Corsair Force MP500 120GB. Write speed is terrible low, other parameters also looks bad.

I think I already accepted that my drive is dying, but I would like to know why. What can me a reason of that big differences between read and write? Or maybe is it some bad configuration somewhere?

You should check it with the Corsair tools https://www.corsair.com/us/en/blog/the-corsair-ssd-toolbox
Generic tools like Crystal Disk Info can get it wrong. Double check with the manufacturer's toolkit.

kanewolf

Titan
@kanewolf

Also I've cheked firmware and it was latest verision.
Interesting. It shows the drive status as "FAILED" but no failed values listed.
I think you have to prepare for an unpredictable failure time frame. Might be in 5 min might be in 2 months. You should do appropriate backups and purchase a replacement. Then, on your schedule, replace it.

I would also contact Corsair support. This seems very odd.

Solution
I can't see the reason for the SMART failure, but I do notice the strange temperature sensors.

There is no temp sensor #0, but sensor #1 is reporting 382K, which is 109C. That's super hot. Yet the "composite temp" is only 325K (= 52C). This composite value is supposed to be a weighted average of some kind, so I'm wondering what it actually means.