Question Is that good for playing CS:GO?

Jan 29, 2022
Is that good for playing CS:GO (RX 570 4GB / I7-4790 3.60GHZ/ 16 RAM)
About a week ago I had about average 240 fps, but now I have 150-160 average fps? Any tips?
  • I switched to legacy then back to UEFI.
  • Overlocked the GPU.
  • Removed one RAM because it was different from the others.
  • I preinstalled my PC.
  • I uptaded the BIOS.
  • I check all the cabbles in my pc.
  • And I am with the newest drivers.

View: https://imgur.com/a/F8Qdgt0

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
About a week ago I had about average 240 fps, but now I have 150-160 average fps? Any tips?

Since your GPU utilization is 100%, there is little you can do. Best would be reducing load on GPU to gain more FPS. Latter can be done in many ways; GPU OC (which you did), reducing in-game graphics (great option), playing on lower reso (good option), closing down all other software running in your PC (might help), rolling back GPU drivers a version or two (latest drivers, sometimes, can cause issues, resulting less FPS). But the best fix would be buying more powerful GPU.

Jan 29, 2022
I tried reducing in-game graphics and I'm playing on 1280x1024 at CS as always. I will try older version of the drivers, but I don't think it will work because I don't think drivers can do that much reducing of fps. Thanks for the advice!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Is there any diff in FPS when you play solo (offline) vs multi (online)? Since if it is, issue could be with net connection (may not be your PC, could be ISP server, or any other in-between yours and game server).

Overall, it's hard to tell what caused FPS drop. If there were no changes in your PC (software and hardware wise), it could be due to the aging hardware. Since in time, all hardware slows down/ looses performance. E.g brand new RX570 will perform better than 5 year old (in daily service) RX570.

Oh, game reinstall might help as well. At least, it's a worth to try.

Just for my own amusement, what refresh rate monitor do you use?

Jan 29, 2022
It doesn't make diffrenents is the FPS when playing solo or multi.
I don't think that 1 week can cause this issue. My PC is about 1 years old and the GPU is PowerColor RX570 4GB

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think that 1 week can cause this issue. My PC is about 1 years old and the GPU is PowerColor RX570 4GB

Issues can arise as soon as hardware arrives to you (also known as DOA - Dead On Arrival), 1 day after usage, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 2 years. Since most hardware has at least 2 years of warranty, you can replace it under warranty. Hence why there is warranty in the first place. Now, if component has outlived it's warranty period and then dies, then it's lifespan is considered complete and no free replacement for it anymore.
If the hardware would be perfect, without developing a fault ever, there would be no need for warranty what-so-ever.

PowerColor isn't that known in GPU scene and is one of the smaller producers, alongside PNY, Zotac, Gainward, Palit and many more. 4 big GPU makers are: Asus, MSI, EVGA and Gigabyte. So, with cheaper price and/or less experience making GPUs, reliability also suffers.
Here's topic discussing PowerColor GPUs reliability, link: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/is-powercolor-any-good.2201977/

How about the monitor refresh rate you're using? Is your monitor 60 Hz or 144 Hz or something else?

Jan 29, 2022
Issues can arise as soon as hardware arrives to you (also known as DOA - Dead On Arrival), 1 day after usage, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 2 years. Since most hardware has at least 2 years of warranty, you can replace it under warranty. Hence why there is warranty in the first place. Now, if component has outlived it's warranty period and then dies, then it's lifespan is considered complete and no free replacement for it anymore.
If the hardware would be perfect, without developing a fault ever, there would be no need for warranty what-so-ever.

PowerColor isn't that known in GPU scene and is one of the smaller producers, alongside PNY, Zotac, Gainward, Palit and many more. 4 big GPU makers are: Asus, MSI, EVGA and Gigabyte. So, with cheaper price and/or less experience making GPUs, reliability also suffers.
Here's topic discussing PowerColor GPUs reliability, link: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/is-powercolor-any-good.2201977/

How about the monitor refresh rate you're using? Is your monitor 60 Hz or 144 Hz or something else?

I'm using two 60hz monitors!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'm using two 60hz monitors!

Here's the interesting part: Since your monitor is 60 Hz, it will display max, 60 FPS. Any more and with V-Sync ON, you'll get higher input lag. With V-Sync OFF, you'll get image tearing, since your FPS is far greater what your monitor can display. For 240 FPS with 60 Hz, 4 tears per second, 160 FPS with 60 Hz, 3 tears per second.

But with your initial issue, Win update can also cause FPS drop.
To remove all software related issues, clean Win install will help. But even after clean Win install, your FPS is still ~150, then it's hardware issue. Most likely degrading performance of your GPU. Here, new, more powerful GPU would fix that.

alux9

Prominent
Feb 13, 2021
Your CPU is too old, cs go keeps updating and taking more and more fps from us, i have a ryzen 3600 and i'm getting constantly fps drops from 300~400 to 180 fps suddenly, best tip would be to keep your gpu which is pretty good for cs go and buy a stronger cpu like ryzen 5600x or some intel of 11th gen.