Question Is that somehow possible to use Core i7 - 10700F CPU at 4.8 GHZ all core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterMMORPG

Distinguished
BANNED
May 16, 2016
Today my new CPU arrived and thankfully it is working

It is working stable at 4.6 GHZ all core

But can I use it at higher clocks somehow?

I have MSI MAG B460M MORTAR motherboard

NOCTUA NH-D14 Cooler

CPU-z benchmark : https://valid.x86.fr/qcpqqr

kjhgzjizon261.png

rxvi8s20pn261.png

4lo3gdg0pn261.png

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, Intel has been slowly taking all the fun out of owning their products. Z and K or X, or you basically get plug and play components.

On the positive side, 4.6Ghz all core is pretty good and you've paired it with a cooler that can handle it. Which is more than you can say for most builds using the locked processors. Going to be great for gaming in general, certainly blow any i5 but the 10600k out of the water, assuming overclocking.

Reactions: MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG

Distinguished
BANNED
May 16, 2016
Yeah, Intel has been slowly taking all the fun out of owning their products. Z and K or X, or you basically get plug and play components.

On the positive side, 4.6Ghz all core is pretty good and you've paired it with a cooler that can handle it. Which is more than you can say for most builds using the locked processors. Going to be great for gaming in general, certainly blow any i5 but the 10600k out of the water, assuming overclocking.

yes already extremely strong and powerful cpu with the cheapest price (369$ is CPU and 126$ is motherboard - I live in Turkey and economy is very bad)

but extra 100 mhz for free would be nice :)

do you know why I cant find base clock in bios?

by the way I was using this cooler on core i7 2600k and it did fit 100% without any new part requirement

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
B class boards of late just don't offer that feature, nor allow for faster memory speeds beyond stock settings of the CPU. While AMD is allowing overclocking across all but their most budget of boards, doesn't make sense to me.

LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1150, LGA1151, and LGA1200 are all the same size and mounting.

Changing the BCLK comes with its own challenges, it can really make stability an issue. Like I said, that 100Mhz isn't going to make a huge difference.

MonsterMMORPG

Distinguished
BANNED
May 16, 2016
B class boards of late just don't offer that feature, nor allow for faster memory speeds beyond stock settings of the CPU. While AMD is allowing overclocking across all but their most budget of boards, doesn't make sense to me.

LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1150, LGA1151, and LGA1200 are all the same size and mounting.

Changing the BCLK comes with its own challenges, it can really make stability an issue. Like I said, that 100Mhz isn't going to make a huge difference.

Ye I already regret that why I didnt buy 5600x

also there is no option to modify blck

Status
Not open for further replies.