Question Is the 1060 3gb gonna be enough for me?

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
So, I'm planning on upgrading my gpu, since I've sold my old 950. I thought about buying a 1050 ti but heard that it is really weak, so then I've considered the 1060 3gb. However I heard about games crash cuz of lack of vram. I'm gonna be playing gta v and games similar to that mostly. I'm playing on 1440x900. There are amd crads like the rx 570 and the rx 480, but I don't really trust used amd gpus since I am buying them used. Should I just forget the 3gb one and try to get a 1060 6gb? Will I be able to have clear textures? Probably clear textures and high frame rate would be the most important for me.

So, I'm planning on upgrading my gpu, since I've sold my old 950. I thought about buying a 1050 ti but heard that it is really weak, so then I've considered the 1060 3gb. However I heard about games crash cuz of lack of vram. I'm gonna be playing gta v and games similar to that mostly. I'm playing on 1440x900. There are amd crads like the rx 570 and the rx 480, but I don't really trust used amd gpus since I am buying them used. Should I just forget the 3gb one and try to get a 1060 6gb? Will I be able to have clear textures? Probably clear textures and high frame rate would be the most important for me.
Whoever has been telling you games crash because you have 3gb is lying. That is not how it works.
Why don't you trust used AMD?
buy whatever one you can afford
all good cards, if you have the PSU to power them

OF_freeCn

Commendable
Apr 12, 2019
Hello,
Please list your full system specs so we know if there will be any bottlenecking or any issues etc,
First of all, if you can afford it, the new GTX 1660 would be the best. If you don't want to get that though, the GTX 1060 GGB is now cheaper than the 3GB a couple of months ago, so yes, skipping the 3GB would be a better option.
Honestly, I'd get the GTX 1660 6GB instead of the GTX 1060.

Hello,
Please list your full system specs so we know if there will be any bottlenecking or any issues etc,
First of all, if you can afford it, the new GTX 1660 would be the best. If you don't want to get that though, the GTX 1060 GGB is now cheaper than the 3GB a couple of months ago, so yes, skipping the 3GB would be a better option.
Honestly, I'd get the GTX 1660 6GB instead of the GTX 1060.
He's buying secondhand probably due to lack of funds.

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
My system:
PSU: Corsair CX450, just bought this brand new, it rly set me back financially
CPU: i5-4590T, hope the bottlenecking won't be too bad, if there will be any
RAM: 8GB DDR3
mobo: Gigabyte h81m-s1