[SOLVED] Is the 2070 Super sufficient for 1080p gaming AND recording flawlessly at the same time?

pinkrei

Prominent
Sep 9, 2018
I am fully aware that the 2070 super is more than overkill for pretty much any game if you're only running at 1080p, but I also want to be able to record that gameplay at a flawless 1080p 60fps. The quality of the recording is absolutely paramount for me, I want to be able to record footage at 1080p at 60fps absolutely flawlessly, not a single stutter or frame jump, using gpu encoding. Will the 2070 Super be able to achieve that?

Solution
Theoretically yes, the difficult thing when it comes to recording that a lot of people do not realize is how good the software is. Do not go cheap on your recording software. You will drop more frames than anything else by cutting corners on software. Otherwise with GOOD recording software, yes indeed, the RTX 2070 at 1080p is butter and should always maintain over 60fps even while recording.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Theoretically yes, the difficult thing when it comes to recording that a lot of people do not realize is how good the software is. Do not go cheap on your recording software. You will drop more frames than anything else by cutting corners on software. Otherwise with GOOD recording software, yes indeed, the RTX 2070 at 1080p is butter and should always maintain over 60fps even while recording.

Solution
Software is irrelevant but you do need to put the recording .exe to a high priority so that windows knows that it should always prioritize recording every frame.With GPU encoding you can put the priority to real-time since it only uses a little bit of CPU power.