[SOLVED] Is the 3700x worth paying 122 SGD more compared to the 3600x?

chocomintmichael

Prominent
Sep 25, 2019
Hi as the title states, I was wondering if the 3700x is worth paying more? I will be streaming and playing games on this PC but I decided to use the NVENC Encoder instead of x264. So is the 3700x worth?

Solution
.... think the 3700X is a better investment as I don’t want to change again for 3-4 years.
Gaming on either is pretty close so that's probably the better reason to pick the 8 core part over the 6 core part if the cost difference matters.

Although another good reason is if you stream your game play. More cores help with that, but many people report that codecs have improved to the point it's less relevant now. Don't really know for sure though but then it would depend on what you are using to stream with at any rate.

chocomintmichael

Prominent
Sep 25, 2019
How long before you are likely to upgrade? I’m trying to make that decision myself and think the 3700X is a better investment as I don’t want to change again for 3-4 years.
Around the same as you. I feel like the 3600x would probably last that long if you're just using it for gaming. My i5-7400 is still running games well.

.... think the 3700X is a better investment as I don’t want to change again for 3-4 years.
Gaming on either is pretty close so that's probably the better reason to pick the 8 core part over the 6 core part if the cost difference matters.

Although another good reason is if you stream your game play. More cores help with that, but many people report that codecs have improved to the point it's less relevant now. Don't really know for sure though but then it would depend on what you are using to stream with at any rate.

Last edited:
Solution