[SOLVED] Is the 5900x available on Newegg?

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I use nowinstock.net to look at availability. It says Newegg has the 5900x in stock. When I click the link on nowinstock it takes me to the product page and the add to cart button is available. When I go to checkout it says 10001 people have this item in their cart. If I go directly to Newegg and search for the 5900x it does not have the add to cart button under it. I am assuming only items that have the add to cart button are actually in stock. What's up with nowinstock saying it is in stock? I know I could go through the checkout process and see what happens but I don't want to be put in a queue and then have to deal with the hassle of cancelling the order. I just went back to Newegg and looked again and it says in stock 1 per customer.

Solution
Yup, I get to checkout options just fine. If you have an item in cart and you're trying to buy it, there's no reason to not try and buy it. The worst is they don't have it and you're no worse off than if you do nothing; it's super-easy to cancel an order for something they don't have in stock (an even for things they do)

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I added one to my cart just now.

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-9-5900x/p/N82E16819113664

As for this site you're using, we're not customer support for their website; they're the only ones that can help you if their site is not working properly.
Thanks for they reply. I was just thinking Newegg might let you add to cart, go through the checkout process and then send an email saying it is on backorder. I have been reading up on other sites and everyone says there are no 5900's available anywhere.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, I get to checkout options just fine. If you have an item in cart and you're trying to buy it, there's no reason to not try and buy it. The worst is they don't have it and you're no worse off than if you do nothing; it's super-easy to cancel an order for something they don't have in stock (an even for things they do)

Solution

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I just went through the checkout process and so far so good. It says it is shipping from NJ and should arrive by the 28th. Crossing my fingers. Once it arrives I can start ordering the rest of my build. Thanks!