Is the 680i Mobo integrated audio any good?

cs4160

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Hello, I am putting together a new system. I have a BFG 680i mb. How good is the integrated High Defination Audio? I see it has SPDIF outputs. My last few systems have not had an add on card and i am wondering if i am short changing my new system. Will i see a big difference with a $100 sound card. ANy recomendations? Mostly for games, itunes and the occasional movie.

tdank

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
You will see a difference. Especially in movies/games when you have positional speakers. 5.1 6.1 etc

cs4160

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
I am going to go with vista as my os. i have seen alot of posts regarding problems with the creative cards and vista, especialy with bundled software. Does anyone have any feedback, comments?

Thanks.

azimuth40

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I am not a fan boy of Vista but I must say it does a much better job than XP with the various High Def on board chipsets. I instantly noticed the difference after upgrading from XP. Depending on which OS you are installing you may wish to give your on board sound a shot before you deal with the Vista/Creative card headaces. Some models seem to work ok and some do not.