Is the Aftershock/Prism+ X240 a good monitor?

Th3DerpyC0w

Reputable
May 29, 2016
I am looking to buy a 1080p 144hz monitor, I would like to know if the Aftershock X240 is good as it is cheap, looks nice, and has good specs. But I just don't know if I want to trust a brand I've never seen before.

Looking from the specs, that monitor is a blast.
The issue is however, that brand Aftershock is a very new and relatively unknown brand coming from Singapore.
I do not know how the real quality of their products, how they customer service is like, etc.
If you live in Singapore, I would just grab it, as you can simply jump into the metro and go to their office and sh*t the hell out of them if something really bad happens.
If you are not from Singapore and if you have to go through RMAs overseas...I would rather not get this brand.

Th3DerpyC0w

Reputable
May 29, 2016

I live in Australia, but they do have an Australian website where they sell the monitor with a 3 year warranty. In the contact us page it also says they have a showroom here as well.

Nov 13, 2018
I am from Australia too and just bought the monitor. I have only had it for 1 day but i am really liking it so far. Been looking for a decent price 144hz monitor for a while and iam not dissapointed with it. Idk a lot about monitor specs but one thing i do find a bit annoying is that you have to hold the monitor still when pressing any of the buttons under the monitor.

Dec 2, 2018
I have this monitor and it's "ok" what is REALLY annoying is that the power cable is really short. So if you mount the monitor on an arm, you have to plug it in using a powerboard on top of your desk as it won't reach to a cable tray under your desk, or to a power board mounted under your desk. I bought it from Aftershock in Melbourne and I did go back to the store and told them about this issue. They had no suggestions.