[SOLVED] Is the Amazon Fire 10 Tablet (2019 model) worth it?

Furzumz

Reputable
I've been using a "Fire hd 8 (7th generation)" tablet for awhile now and was wondering if the Fire 10 2019 model is worth the switch?

I'm a turbo casual that uses it for just youtube and watching anime streams...and that's it really. I'm not unhappy with the fire hd 8 but the screen has a grainy "filter" over it (same model tablet I had before this one didnt have the problem) and its chugging with some of the streaming apps I use so I'm wondering if the fire 10 would be worth getting

Or are there some better android tablet options out there for around the same price range?

Solution
Th HD 8 is 1280 x 800 @189ppi the 2019 10 is 1920X 1200 @ 224ppi

The difference is the 8 has a resolution you should see on a 7-inch tablet so it has that grainy dull look. The screen on the 10 is considerably better but you want to keep it out of direct sunlight, the output is a bit low and can be overpowered, the sound on the 10 leaves something to be desired though we used a Bluetooth speaker with it. That is probably the best 10 inch you will find for the under $100 price point. None of the Amazon tablets are speed demons but they have hardware that would handle streaming fine, the issue that comes across is the RAM limitations and all the stuff running in the background.

My personal favorite and one I still use for the same use...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

The difference is the 8 has a resolution you should see on a 7-inch tablet so it has that grainy dull look. The screen on the 10 is considerably better but you want to keep it out of direct sunlight, the output is a bit low and can be overpowered, the sound on the 10 leaves something to be desired though we used a Bluetooth speaker with it. That is probably the best 10 inch you will find for the under $100 price point. None of the Amazon tablets are speed demons but they have hardware that would handle streaming fine, the issue that comes across is the RAM limitations and all the stuff running in the background.

My personal favorite and one I still use for the same use is a Asus Zenpad S8 Z580CA. Even though it's slow for anything but basic streaming now it still has one of the best screens and speakers you can find for the price.

Last edited:
Solution

Furzumz

Reputable

My personal favorite and one I still use for the same use is a Asus Zenpad S8 Z580CA. Even though it's slow for anything but basic streaming now it still has one of the best screens and speakers you can find for the price.

Thanks for the info!

Latest posts