Is the AMD FX-9590 Overclockable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Title says it all. I know its already an over clocked fx-8450 but I just wandered if it could be over clocked further, with the right cooler, to achieve amazing speeds.

Solution
Legend has it that you can get it to 7.0Ghz with liquid nitrogen, and that if you do it will start glowing yellow and turn into an i5-4690k. So it's definitely worth a shot.
G

I do not own one, nor do I plan to, it was more of a late night boredom question that I wondered what the fastest speed of a CPU was

VenBaja

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Legend has it that you can get it to 7.0Ghz with liquid nitrogen, and that if you do it will start glowing yellow and turn into an i5-4690k. So it's definitely worth a shot.

Solution

weweiner

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
If you have the right cooler and power I would go for it. As i like to say in my native tongue, "Te papa de la roupa. Tengo un pene pequeño." English: You only live once. Might as will live with the consequences.

gibbly

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
If it is black edition then its unlocked for oc (thanks amd for making it easier for us) if not some motherboards can unlock it but they are few and sometimes only work for lower end cpus

Status
Not open for further replies.