[SOLVED] Is the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 worth it for me?

Narexa

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Hi there, so I'm thinking of upgrading my CPU as I want to get back to streaming but my CPU just doesn't cut it anymore.

I'm on an I5 4690 and the lack of cores just doesn't allow me to stream as I'm constantly on 100% CPU usage when playing a game and cannot multiple task on my PC what so ever, do you guys think I would be able to stream on a Ryzen 5 3600? Thank you in advance :)

Solution
So there are several ways you can build with the 3600, and they are all good.

1. Go X570, it's going to be a little bit more expensive, but you'll have better reliability and better memory support. (I recommend 3600mhz RAM with this.)

2. You can go B450 or X470, save some money. But as of now, BIOS revisions that have been updated to support 3rd Gen Ryzen are very buggy and it's gonna be a few weeks to another month before properly stable BIOS revisions come out. I would say a max memory frequency for these boards ATM would be 3200mhz because I know nobody who can reliability get their 3466 or 3600 kits working properly on this older boards due to immature BIOS.

Once proper BIOS revisions are out, I'm sure you can run 3466mhz just fine.

Narexa

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Yeah, the 3600 will stream much better than the 4690. It will be a night and day difference. If you have the money, now is a really good time to get a new CPU.

That's exactly what I thought, thank you buddy just wanted to make sure. I'll be upgrading in a week or so and I'm super excited.

Narexa

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
I just went upgraded to a Ryzen 5 3600 a few days ago, it's been a really awesome chip!

The Ryzen 5 3600 outperforms 1st Gen 8 core Ryzen chips by about 1-5% so you should be able to stream just fine, you'll have to tweak a few things I bet, but you should be smooth sailing.

Awesome thanks man, by any chance do you know what Motherboard and RAM would be most suitable for this CPU? I understand I need DDR4 RAM, but not 100% sure on what I'm going to buy yet, I have a budget of around 400 pounds.

So there are several ways you can build with the 3600, and they are all good.

1. Go X570, it's going to be a little bit more expensive, but you'll have better reliability and better memory support. (I recommend 3600mhz RAM with this.)

2. You can go B450 or X470, save some money. But as of now, BIOS revisions that have been updated to support 3rd Gen Ryzen are very buggy and it's gonna be a few weeks to another month before properly stable BIOS revisions come out. I would say a max memory frequency for these boards ATM would be 3200mhz because I know nobody who can reliability get their 3466 or 3600 kits working properly on this older boards due to immature BIOS.

Once proper BIOS revisions are out, I'm sure you can run 3466mhz just fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS