[SOLVED] Is the aorus master better than the msi gaming pro carbon?

Solution
Hardware Unboxed has reported the MSi MPG X570 Gaming Carbon Pro WiFi as probably the worst AM4 motherboard for the AMD 3900X/3950X CPU. The crappy VRM design makes it hit 95+ degrees under load while other boards can be as much as 40 degrees cooler. This board is only acceptable with a 65-watt Ryzen CPU.. But if you wish to upgrade down the road to a faster CPU, then avoid any MSi board below the MSi Ace at all costs.

I have the Gaming Carbon Pro WiFi and can attest to the fact that this board's VRMs do hit 95 degrees when encoding videos. I thought it would be safe buying a midtier MSi board but I was sadly mistaken...

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Hardware Unboxed has reported the MSi MPG X570 Gaming Carbon Pro WiFi as probably the worst AM4 motherboard for the AMD 3900X/3950X CPU. The crappy VRM design makes it hit 95+ degrees under load while other boards can be as much as 40 degrees cooler. This board is only acceptable with a 65-watt Ryzen CPU.. But if you wish to upgrade down the road to a faster CPU, then avoid any MSi board below the MSi Ace at all costs.

I have the Gaming Carbon Pro WiFi and can attest to the fact that this board's VRMs do hit 95 degrees when encoding videos. I thought it would be safe buying a midtier MSi board but I was sadly mistaken...

Solution