Question Is the ASRock H610M-HDVP/D5 a good motherboard

Sep 15, 2021
I'm just asking if the ASRock H610M-HDVP/D5 is a good board which is decent quality that will last some years I know it a budget board but I have heard mixed this about ASRock I don't know if its any good I would like get a DDR5 board but the othere bells a whistles I'm not to bothered about, but would like it to be descent quality with a family good life span so is this the board for me.

larkspur

Distinguished
It's a classic entry-level motherboard. Pretty basic. Nothing special.
What CPU are you planning on using with it?
What are the primary uses for the system? Gaming?
Why do you want to use DDR5? It is so ridiculously expensive compared to DDR4 that you're better off using the money you save by using DDR4 to get a better board and better CPU.

Sep 15, 2021
I'm just planning to get eather a pentium or i3 depending on budget and availability as the uk's pc supplies a bit less reliable then other places at the minute I want ddr5 because then i have it its something I don't need to worry about getting it when I decide to upgrade my pc in 2 or 3 years time plus it will help with speed.i know it doesn't make sense having a ddr5 ram with a pentium or i3 but I'm trying to think long term in 3 or 4 years the prices might of gotten better or worse depending on lot of lings I would like to get it now

larkspur

Distinguished
A pentium, i3 or i5 (non-k) should be just fine with that board. But I just don't think it makes sense to buy DDR5 now. It is not only hard to find in stock, it is also waaaayyyy more expensive than it will be in 3 or 4 years. It also won't benefit most workloads today.

If I were you I'd just get 16gb (2x8gb) of DDR4-3200 for cheap, get some DDR4 H610 board and then in 3 or 4 years the prices and speeds of DDR5 will be much better. With the money saved by not buying DDR5 you could get a i5-12400 and have a system that should last 5 years without worrying about a CPU or RAM upgrade.