[SOLVED] Is the ASRock z590 Pro4 worth upgrading?

Jul 25, 2021
Hi so I'm building a new pc after a few users suggested that I upgrade instead of just slapping a 3070 in my 2015 rig.

Here is what I have so far:

- i7 11700k

- 16gb (2x8gb) Vengeance Pro (RGB) 3600mhz

- ASRock z590 Pro4

- EVGA Supernova 750 GT

- Noctua NH-U12S

- Thermaltake view 71 TG (RGB)

My main concern is over the motherboard. I heard from a few sources that the MSI z590-A Pro is a much, much better choice for about the same price. Is it worth selling the Pro4 (I haven't opened it yet) and buying the A Pro instead, or should I stick with the Pro4? My budget is $250 for the mobo.

My other concern is other the CPU cooler. I read that there shouldn't be a problem with the NH-U12S, but for only $10 more, the NH-D15 looks pretty good too. So same story, should I sell then buy, or stick with what I have? My budget is $100-150 for the CPU cooler.

Lastly is the PSU. I was recommended the 750 GT by a MicroCenter rep because a) it was on sale, b) it should have ebough power for the 3070 I want, and c) because he has the same one. Will it be enough power though? There's 3 RGB fans in the case I have, and I might upgrade the RAM in the future. Brand new PSU by the way. Budget is $150 for the PSU.

Thanks y'all in advance.