Question Is the ASUS G531GV-AL112 worth buying?

Aug 23, 2019
Hello, I am looking for a laptop that will get me good performance and will be able to deliver after years of use, the only thing with good enough specs for the price I could find in my country (Republic of Macedonia), was the ASUS G531GV-AL112, This laptop comes with an i7-9750H, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD, 120Hz 1080p panel. Here in Macedonia, it costs around 1450$, a price that I am willing to pay if I am sure that this device will hold up and stay with me for at least 6-8 years, considering that price is very high here, I need performance and reliability for a long period of time, as you can see.
I was wondering if any of you have ever seen this laptop in person and what using it was like, and most important, would you recommend it to someone like me?

Lutfij

Titan
6 to 8 years, maybe, maybe not. 3 to 4 years, most definitely! The last question you've posed is a tricky one, we don't know you or your computing habits so it's hard to recommend it to a person we barely understand.

Yes, it's possible to get an idea of what you want to do with your laptop by stating your applications and/or games/tasks that you're going to tax the laptop with for us to give you a guesstimated answer if this laptop is indeed a worthwhile buy for you. In fact, you should also provide other candidates for purchases for us to weigh our options.

Aug 23, 2019
Hello, you might recognise me from yesterday's post as a guy who was looking for recommendations for the ASUS G531GV-AL112, I am looking for anyone over here who has that model, to tell me if it's worth getting for a guy like me, I will be using that laptop for Gaming, games like CSGO, Pubg, Fortnite(maybe) and other AAA games, I will also need it for studying and stuff so I think this laptop has great speca for the things i need it for but I don't know if there are any bad sides to it, give me your opinion, even if you don't own this laptop
Screenshot_1.jpg.20bda3b64858cb2b002bbfdd3b9102bd.jpg.7aa82c6982536de82e8081da5093eade.jpg