Is the Asus M4A785-M a good board?

bgaviator1

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I just bought this board from Tigerdirect but I always like to read the negative reviews to see if there are any common complaints....it seems like a common theme with this board has been DOA boards.....boards not booting up. Is this a bad board to get? Does it tend to have a higher number of defective boards, or is it pretty common for all boards to have a certain percentage of failure right out of the gate?

topper743

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
I have it with my HTPC. I did a BIOS update and everything has been ok. I don't know about a % of failure but there many who post on the newegg who don't know what they are talking about. I have seen posters buy incompatible CPU and MB combos and then bitch about it. There are some who post just to run down a product and some who post over the top good reviews, the kind that make you think that they are paid good posters. I don't know what your application would be but I would recommend it. I will add one thing I got it for the 4200 IGP and after using it I added a discrete GPU for the video, a HD 4350 thinking that hybrid crossfire was possible, it is not. I am sorry that I did and now wish I would have used the HD 5450.