Is the ASUS P8Z77-V LK a good motherboard?

TheDragonBorn

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Hi everyone new here. Decided to get into PC gaming and wanted to build my own. My question is the ASUS P8Z77-V LK a good, reliable motherboard? Been reading about it and when picking out some motherboards I get mixed feeling since some say it's good and others having issues. What's your opinion on this particular board? Thanks!

Solution
No problem, there's always a possibility of getting a bad mobo, or other component, but chances are less with a quality company (i.e. on mobos for client builds, I only use 3 manufacturers (Asus, the Rock and GB) and know I've been using GSkill for years with no problems

TheDragonBorn

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

Thanks for your input it is greatly appreciated. :)

I ask because I have been a little discouraged about it and other mobos because of some of the bad things people have said. Worried I might get a defective one or a RAM slot won't work. I just hope the G. Skill RAM I have picked out will be compatible with it.
Again, thanks for your response.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
No problem, there's always a possibility of getting a bad mobo, or other component, but chances are less with a quality company (i.e. on mobos for client builds, I only use 3 manufacturers (Asus, the Rock and GB) and know I've been using GSkill for years with no problems

Solution

TheDragonBorn

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

That's good to hear, thanks. I read some things on here about some G. Skill not working with this mobo, but I did check on G. Skills site and saw this motherboard on their list for the exact RAM I'm looking at.Hopefully I won't get any bent pins or anything. Heck, even real high end boards can have issues. Well, I guess I'll go with this motherboard as I have heard good things about ASUS. The RAM I want has this motherboard listed so I should be good with that. Thank you for your time it is much appreciated. Whenever I have questions about PC's or components this will be the place to ask. :)

TheDragonBorn

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

Alright, cool. Will do if I need to. You've been quite helpful and thank you again. :)