[SOLVED] Is the Asus Prime Z370-A compatible with 7th gen Intel Cores

kaedekurosawa18

Prominent
Jan 1, 2019
Hello. So I'm kind of an amateur when it comes to building PCs. So I found a nicely priced motherboard (Asus Prime Z370-A) and immediately bought it. Big mistake. I was only able to afford an i3 8100 cpu after that. I didn't realize it at the time, but 8th gen i5s and i7s are extremely expensive. So the man who was going to sell the board to me told me that it was retro-compatible with 7th gen CPUs. Which, as I'm sure you know, doesn't sound right as the board is made for 8th gen processors. But here's my question: on the off chance that Asus just mis-labeled, is it possible for me to install something like an i7 7700k? I know that might even be self explanatory at this point, but he must've gotten that information from somewhere, right? I ended up buying my mobo from Newegg, so it's not like he cheated me directly. Any answer would be great. I'm not capable of buying something like a i7 8700k, so if I have to buy an older mobo or one that's retro-compatible with older CPUs, then so be it, ya know? Anyways, thank you for listening to my problem, and I hope to hear from anyone soon!

kaedekurosawa18

Prominent
Jan 1, 2019

Yeah, I guess I knew that.. Kind of sucks how he got my hopes up though. :/ Thank you for the really quick reply!
Much love and Happy New Year!