Is the ASUS VG248QE upgradeable to G-Sync?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocalypse591

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
I have been after a 120Hz gaming monitor and I have now finally got some money together to purchase one.

After searching up on here and other forums whether if it is better to purchase the BenQ XL2420T or the ASUS VG248QE, I found that the VG248QE will gain support for NVIDIA's new G-Sync technology next year.

I have read some articles about the new G-Sync technology and its support for the ASUS VG248QE, and a few of them say that it is possible to purchase an upgrade kit so you can install the G-Sync module itself into the monitor.

Since finding this out, my decision has been pointed towards the ASUS monitor instead, considering it is still a little cheaper in the UK on Amazon (£273) as compared to the BenQ XL2420T. The only monitor I saw being sold with the G-Sync module pre-installed is on Scan.co.uk for £441, which is a lot more than what I intended to pay in the first place.

Can you purchase a G-Sync upgrade kit to install yourself in the ASUS VG248QE? I'm considering purchasing the kit at a later date (when I have the money).

Also, how does the BenQ XL2411T compare to the two other monitors? I don't understand how it is priced much cheaper.

Thanks.

mattcrow

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

I had a look before, I'll email them, see what they say. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.