Question is the ASUS VivoBook 15 X505ZA worth it to buy?

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016
I currently have an ASUS Vivbook X456UQ and in terms of performance its not bad. However over the past 2 or so years, I have noticed that thermals are becoming an issue as my workload switched from just gaming and programming to content creation using Premiere and After Effects. I'd be seeing 70C on idle (it was 50 or higher i think when it was brand new) and does not throttle as much (Now, my i5 goes as low as 1.50 GHz when rendering a 720p 60fps video).

If I buy the new Vivobook 15 that has a Ryzen 5-2500U, will I be experiencing the same issues with my current one?

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to pass on the SKU for the New Vivobook you're looking at. I'm assuming you currently have the version with a 940MX equipped...? If so how much ram do you currently have?

On second gander, you'll be on par though the latter laptop has concurrent driver support while the laptop you have is already dated. IMHO, you should be looking at a more beefy laptop, with a beefy discrete GPU if you're rendering.

NDDU Julius BSIT

Respectable
May 19, 2016
Might want to pass on the SKU for the New Vivobook you're looking at. I'm assuming you currently have the version with a 940MX equipped...? If so how much ram do you currently have?

On second gander, you'll be on par though the latter laptop has concurrent driver support while the laptop you have is already dated. IMHO, you should be looking at a more beefy laptop, with a beefy discrete GPU if you're rendering.

Yes its a DDR3 940MX. I currently have 12GB of 2133 DDR4 RAM.

Instead of this new Vivobook, what do you think should I go for?