Question Is the Asus x570 Tuf Gaming Plus a good choice for my new build?

Bob1nba

Prominent
Aug 10, 2019
I am currently in the process of putting together a new build and ive been kind of on the fence on what motherboard I should go with. Here is what I plan to build:

5600x
3070/3080
Nzxt kraken x63 360mm aio
16gb ram @ 3200mhz
Evga 850w psu
Lian li lancool ii mesh
1 tb 970 evo plus
2 tb hdd

I've been looking at the Asus x570 tuf gaming plus and it seems like it would have everything I need. I'm not really into overclocking but from what I've read this board can handle overclocking pretty well if I ever wanted to. Would you recommend this board or would it be better to go more expensive like an Asus rog strix i?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob1nba

Prominent
Aug 10, 2019
Yes, a really good motherboard.
Basically its one of the top 5 pick's for X570 budget-ish motheboards.
Will handle the 5600X without any problems.
Would you recommend spending the extra 30 bucks and get the pro? I saw it had a little better ram speed options and better wifi/lan speeds as well and bios flashback.

Reactions: Master Djoza
Appart from having on-board wifi which is never bad even if you dont use ethernet mainly, i dont see a difference (there is a difference in looks obviously).
The PRO has BIOS flashback, same ram frequency support, same ram capacity, same/similar everything tbh.
Hmm...
I'd get the PRO after all, because u never know when you are going to need BIOS flashback or WiFi.
The only downside of the PRO i see is the lack of rear I/O covers xD, which is not a problem ofcourse.

ocer9999

Honorable
I am currently in the process of putting together a new build and ive been kind of on the fence on what motherboard I should go with. Here is what I plan to build:

5600x
3070/3080
Nzxt kraken x63 360mm aio
16gb ram @ 3200mhz
Evga 850w psu
Lian li lancool ii mesh
1 tb 970 evo plus
2 tb hdd

I've been looking at the Asus x570 tuf gaming plus and it seems like it would have everything I need. I'm not really into overclocking but from what I've read this board can handle overclocking pretty well if I ever wanted to. Would you recommend this board or would it be better to go more expensive like an Asus rog strix i?
That would handle well just like many other B550s would. AMD overclocking does not demand crazy motherboards, unfortunately AMD does not have much headroom...
Even my B550 M Steel LEgend (150$) handles easy my 12 core CPU overclocked. This time around the B550 lineup is pretty solid.

Reactions: Master Djoza

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS