Question Is the AX210NGW WiFi 6E WiFi card compatible with Thinkpad T440s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I want to upgrade my laptop with AX210NGW WiFi 6E WiFi card. Is it ok for my laptop model ?
I know i need to mod the bios for it.
I have to change the antenna adapters also ?

kanewolf

Titan
I want to upgrade my laptop with AX210NGW WiFi 6E WiFi card. Is it ok for my laptop model ?
I know i need to mod the bios for it.
I have to change the antenna adapters also ?
What benefit do you believe you will get from adding WIFI 6E to a 6 year old laptop?
The laptop was available with an Intel 7260AC (dual band) WIFI. I would recommend that.

Reactions: manolis kokotsakis

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
What benefit do you believe you will get from adding WIFI 6E to a 6 year old laptop?
The laptop was available with an Intel 7260AC (dual band) WIFI. I would recommend that.

Thanks for your answer sir, but you dont help me on my question.
Qusetion is, if this card is compatible with my old lapotop and if i have to change the adapetrs also.
The benefit i expect to see, is another story.
I only use my laptop for internet and office . I want the maximum prerformance for these tasks. Even if i get little improvememnt from this mod, why not.
Question is, if possible ?

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Thanks for your answer sir, but you dont help me on my question.
Qusetion is, if this card is compatible with my old lapotop and if i have to change the adapetrs also.
The benefit i ecpect to see, is another story.
No idea. If you "have" to modify the BIOS, then technically the answer is no. Can you plug it in? I think yes. Will this happen -- https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkP...d-network-card-Suggestions/m-p/5059690?page=1
Probably yes.
Is there any benefit for a 6+ year old laptop? Very little, if any.

Do you already have the 7260AC adapter ?

Reactions: manolis kokotsakis

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
The laptop is exactly how i bought it first day.
Sorry, but why you keep mentioning the ...6+ years laptop ?
The performance on wireless internet use , would be different if my latop was 1 year old with the AX201 card ?
I dont understand ?

kanewolf

Titan
The laptop is exactly how i bought it first day.
Sorry, but why you keep mentioning the ...6+ years laptop ?
The performance on wireless internet use , would be different if my latop was 1 year old with the AX201 card ?
I dont understand ?
I keep pointing out the age and modest performance of the laptop because, network performance above the 400+ Mbit throughput that the AC adapter can provide will be a small percentage gain for a whole lot of hassle.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Status
Not open for further replies.