[SOLVED] is the be quiet dark rock pro 4 base made of copper or aluminum?

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
I ask you because on the be quiet website it only says that it has the 7 heat pipes are in copper (I think it is the ones that support and connect the base to the aluminum structure), I am also interested in having the base and the pipes around the copper base, those that support the aluminum structure. Can anyone tell me if the base of this heatsink is also made of copper? (because otherwise I would take the noctua NH d15) on the site it says: "base and heat pipes in copper"

Solution
got it, what would you recommend for an air cooler for over clocked 12600k? is the base in contact with the cpu better copper or nickel-plated copper?

I like Noctua, personally - but the NH-D15, DRP4, Assassin III etc will all perform similarly. There is an updated Noctua dual tower on the roadmap for this year (I believe), but doesn't do you much good if you need something now.

As for copper vs nickel-plated, that's unlikely to make any noticeable difference.

Lutfij

Titan
Reactions: Grealish01

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
I thought about the be quiet dark rock pro 4, then I opened a random review and I saw that in the temperature tests it is not one of the best at all. Based on the most reliable tests and benchmarks, which air coolers have the best temperatures?

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
it seems strange to me that in the last published ranking (where there is the top 5 of air coolers) there are not 2 top of the range so famous and known for the performances they provide. Maybe they have been overcome, are they no longer the top of the top?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Assuming you mean this article?
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpu-coolers,4181.html

Any rankings like that are still opinion piece(s).... but I can only assume the rationale for dropping the D15 or DRP4 is that the Assassin III managed to copy enough of it their success, and come in at a lower price. I'm assuming the MA624 reviewed well, but I haven't looked into it.

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
Assuming you mean this article?
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpu-coolers,4181.html

Any rankings like that are still opinion piece(s).... but I can only assume the rationale for dropping the D15 or DRP4 is that the Assassin III managed to copy enough of it their success, and come in at a lower price. I'm assuming the MA624 reviewed well, but I haven't looked into it.
got it, what would you recommend for an air cooler for over clocked 12600k? is the base in contact with the cpu better copper or nickel-plated copper?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

I like Noctua, personally - but the NH-D15, DRP4, Assassin III etc will all perform similarly. There is an updated Noctua dual tower on the roadmap for this year (I believe), but doesn't do you much good if you need something now.

As for copper vs nickel-plated, that's unlikely to make any noticeable difference.

Solution