is the build good i was looking to stay close to $700

Solution
Well it could be a lot better. The 2nd build is out, since you don't need to pay for an APU when you are going to have a discreet video card. Also, you chose a full tower ATX case. Well - that thing is freaking huge. And it costs close to 100 bucks. You can't fill it in. Even a mid ATX case will be mostly empty. So I went and re purposed some of those for other components.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.48 @ Newegg)
Memory: Avexir Core series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda...

Thaisnang

Honorable

What is that water cooler for when your rig won't even need it. You can't even OC much with that mobo. For a 700$ pc build the GPU heavily underpowered on both builds and you are spending too much on the case while too less on the GPU.

Shneiky

Distinguished
Well it could be a lot better. The 2nd build is out, since you don't need to pay for an APU when you are going to have a discreet video card. Also, you chose a full tower ATX case. Well - that thing is freaking huge. And it costs close to 100 bucks. You can't fill it in. Even a mid ATX case will be mostly empty. So I went and re purposed some of those for other components.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($84.48 @ Newegg)
Memory: Avexir Core series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.92 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($154.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Rosewill Galaxy-01 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($25.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $725.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

This build comes with 70 bucks discounts and mail in rebates - great deal. Also you said you had a 900W PSU, but what brand and model is it? How old is it? Watts are one of the less important things when it comes to power supplies. Anyway, the XFX PSU over there is a solid unit and it costs only 25 bucks (35 bucks off). Hope this was helpfull.

PS - if you don't like the case - change it, just make sure it fits ATX motherboards.

PS 2 - If you wish to spend 50 bucks more, then swap the video card with
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-r9280dc2t3gd5

Solution