[SOLVED] is the circled part in the image broken? it's an intel xeon e3-1245v3

Solution
It doesn't appear damaged so much as displaced. Which could be worse since it's effectively connecting to one side of the adjacent part. It may not matter, but then again....

Those parts are MLCC's...chip capacitors that perform final filtering of the DC voltages entering the CPU. They are usually (highly) redundant with several in parallel. I'd suggest trying to flick it completely off with a needle if you're not able to relocate it to the proper lands and solder it on.
It doesn't appear damaged so much as displaced. Which could be worse since it's effectively connecting to one side of the adjacent part. It may not matter, but then again....

Those parts are MLCC's...chip capacitors that perform final filtering of the DC voltages entering the CPU. They are usually (highly) redundant with several in parallel. I'd suggest trying to flick it completely off with a needle if you're not able to relocate it to the proper lands and solder it on.

Solution

Shalou

Prominent
Sep 17, 2021

Can those parts be replaced by using another CPU?