[SOLVED] Is the clock speed limited on the GTX 1650 in my Ideapad Gaming 3 (82ey00jxvn) ?

Oct 4, 2021
Overclocked or not, the thing is just capped at 1785, never will it run any higher than that (note: from what i have observed, it is not power or thermal constrained). But i swear to dear god with my life, when i first bought this, i saw it boosting to 1920mhz, even the voltage/frequency curve tapered at exactly 1920 .

It might just be some setting i have tweaked, or afterburner's mere presence alone force the system to lock the clock speed ?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MSI's Afterburner doesn't lock people out of options unless the GPU itself has built in limitations from the maker's end. In your case, it could be Lenovo doing a lock out. Mind sharing the BIOS version at the time of writing for your laptop? Also, what OS version(not edition) are you on, if you're on Windows 10? Driver version for your GPU? Might want to read through this, and ponder if what you saw was indeed clock speeds for the GPU or the memory.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MSI's Afterburner doesn't lock people out of options unless the GPU itself has built in limitations from the maker's end. In your case, it could be Lenovo doing a lock out. Mind sharing the BIOS version at the time of writing for your laptop? Also, what OS version(not edition) are you on, if you're on Windows 10? Driver version for your GPU? Might want to read through this, and ponder if what you saw was indeed clock speeds for the GPU or the memory.

Solution