[SOLVED] Is the Colorrful iGame RTX 3070 Ultra OC card any good?

Sairozenkai

Honorable
Sep 30, 2015
Hey all,

So I recently ordered a Colorful iGame RTX 3070 for $879 AUD. The MSRP for a 3070 in Australia is $809 and this is by far the cheapest 3070 card I've been able to find - still in stock. I've already ordered the card and didn't think much of it, but then after doing some research and also according to a review by Hardware Unboxed (on YouTube:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2Sk-B60qg&t=765s&ab_channel=HardwareUnboxed

Basically the video says that the iGame variant for the 3070 cards is bad and should be avoided.

However, according to some other sources/more research I found conflicting data, saying that the quality/performance of iGame GPUs are just fine and that they are the biggest GPU retailers in Asia/can be trusted, etc, etc.

So I'm wondering, what's the deal? Is this manufacturer fine and what data is actually true/false? To be honest the Hardware Unboxed video is the only video which actually portrays the card/manufacturer in a bad light and basically everything else I've read/watched has said that the card is a very solid 3070.

Thoughts?

Solution

Brand to be avoided, if possible. That is, unless you have no other choice.

With GPUs, the top 4 brand are: MSI, Asus, EVGA and Gigabyte. Other brands, not as good as the top 4, but can still suffice with cheaper price and less reliability, are: Zotac, Palit, PNY. The rest of brands are best avoided. That is, if you care about reliability and aren't looking only to get the cheapest price.

this is by far the cheapest 3070 card I've been able to find

Here's a further thought for you; have you wondered why it is the cheapest?
And 2nd thought as well; RTX 3000-series is currently hot produce, yet, this very cheap GPU is still in stock. Surely there must be a reason why people haven't bought that cheap Colorful GPU?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

Brand to be avoided, if possible. That is, unless you have no other choice.

With GPUs, the top 4 brand are: MSI, Asus, EVGA and Gigabyte. Other brands, not as good as the top 4, but can still suffice with cheaper price and less reliability, are: Zotac, Palit, PNY. The rest of brands are best avoided. That is, if you care about reliability and aren't looking only to get the cheapest price.

this is by far the cheapest 3070 card I've been able to find

Here's a further thought for you; have you wondered why it is the cheapest?
And 2nd thought as well; RTX 3000-series is currently hot produce, yet, this very cheap GPU is still in stock. Surely there must be a reason why people haven't bought that cheap Colorful GPU?

Solution