Is the Comptia A+ Certificate Worth Doing For A Programmer?

xty

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Hello,

I am currently on my 2nd year of university studying Software Engineering. I was wondering if i apply for the comptia A+ certificate, can it be of a benefit for my future IT career path especially in the programming field as a software engineer, or rather the certificate will be of just plain knowledge for myself?

Can the comptia A+ or even the N+ or the S+ be of any beneficial for a programmer? And has any programmer who you may know or even you, who ever attempted to do a degree in software engineering and the comptia A+ ?

Can the Software Eng. degree and the Comptia A+ certificate complements each other?

Thanks for reading and helping me out with your answers,
J

Solution
That certificate is worthless to an engineer. You should only do it if you want to learn about it yourself.

The certificate is useful for getting a job at Best Buys Geek squad or something. I'm sure that's not your goal.

An engineering degree is WAY above any certificate program, and is really worthless in getting real engineering and software jobs.

oczdude8

Distinguished
That certificate is worthless to an engineer. You should only do it if you want to learn about it yourself.

The certificate is useful for getting a job at Best Buys Geek squad or something. I'm sure that's not your goal.

An engineering degree is WAY above any certificate program, and is really worthless in getting real engineering and software jobs.

Solution