Question Is the Cooler Master 700w Silent Pro Gold any good?

Lutfij

Titan
Those two are horrible units. Might I ask what the PSU will be powering up?
In fact list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:

If overclocking will be involved, you can't expect to do that with a bad quality PSU.

Jun 6, 2019
Those two are horrible units. Might I ask what the PSU will be powering up?
In fact list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:

If overclocking will be involved, you can't expect to do that with a bad quality PSU.

Sorry i forgot!
CPU: i5 2500k
Motherboard: Asus p8p67
Ram: 8GB 1300mhz DDR3
GPU: GTX 670 MSI Twin Frozr 2GB
SSD: Kingston a400 240GB
HDD: 500GB 5400rpm (cant remember model)

Should be upgrading to Ryzen 5 2600 and vega 64 in a few months and would like to carry over psu if possible. I was only planning to overclock if my psu could handle it.

Jun 6, 2019
I wouldn't trust either of those PSU's with the 2600 & Vega 64. For that combo you'll want a higher end 650W unit which is going to be quite a bit higher then your budget.

I will be able to afford a better one when i upgrade so i can just buy another psu for my new build but at the moment i only have a really cheap 500w psu thats just cuts out sometimes so i would like something just temporary that could run my cheap build.

WildCard999

Titan
I will be able to afford a better one when i upgrade so i can just buy another psu for my new build but at the moment i only have a really cheap 500w psu thats just cuts out sometimes so i would like something just temporary that could run my cheap build.
I wouldn't buy a cheap unit now and then have to upgrade it later on as it would be a waste of money in the long run. For now maybe just avoid overclocks and maybe undervolt the 670?