Is the Cooler Master GX750 CM Storm Edition of good quality?

Solution

It ought to be. I'm not aware of a full review of the modern one, but it does have Rubycon capacitors and it now generates the lesser rails, so I would expect it to be at least decent.

ravenjedmanicdao

Respectable
Sep 19, 2016
I see. The discontinued one has a circular vent for the 120mm fan, and the other one has a honeycomb style vent.

Fortunately, the one I have has the honeycomb style, and has the "GX750" sticker on the side of the chassis. Can someone please confirm I have the one made by a reputable manufacturer?

ravenjedmanicdao

Respectable
Sep 19, 2016

Is the one that you linked the same as the CM Storm Edition (The one I bought)? The review for that one seems pretty dated. Would the newer version of the GX 750 have much better performance?

Nah, at least the VS450 stays in spec. That thing has a 3.3V rail with lots of spicy ripple trying to fry your hardware.

ravenjedmanicdao

Respectable
Sep 19, 2016
I noticed the review for that PSU is for the old model. The one I have is the CM Storm Edition. The difference is that this one has flat cables, while the old model has sleeved cables. I'm just gonna assume that the newer model is an overall improvement over the old GX 750.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

It ought to be. I'm not aware of a full review of the modern one, but it does have Rubycon capacitors and it now generates the lesser rails, so I would expect it to be at least decent.

Solution

It hasn't been reviewed, but it is highly likely that it is a significant improvement.