[SOLVED] Is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED good enough for overclocking?

Jobjanusz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
Hello, there! First of all, I have never overclocked in my life. So I wonder if it's possible to overclock my I7-7700K with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED cooler. I mainly play csgo and would like to get a little more fps in that game. If it is possible, what voltage and nummer of ghz should I use? And is it worth doing for the amount of extra fps?

Motherboard: ASrock Z270 Pro4

CPU: I7-7700K

Greetings,

Jobjanusz

Solution
I wonder if it's possible to overclock my I7-7700K with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED cooler ...
My temps are around 35c at idle. And around 40-50c while playing cs. What is the max voltage and ghz I should go for, if I want to overclock slightly?
No two processors are identical; each is unique in voltage tolerance, thermal behavior and overclocking potential, which is often referred to as the "silicon lottery". Dialing in your desired GHz then plugging in a certain Core voltage is not the correct approach. Instead, the objective is to achieve the highest stable overclock without exceeding 1.400 Vcore or 80°C.

Start by reading several guides before you attempt an overclock, so you have an...
The cooler itself is good enough for slight OC nothing Heavy. In the end it really depends on your headroom, if your CPU is already running at 80c on Stock with it then yeah probably avoid OC but if your temps give you enough headroom you can try.

Jobjanusz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
The cooler itself is good enough for slight OC nothing Heavy. In the end it really depends on your headroom, if your CPU is already running at 80c on Stock with it then yeah probably avoid OC but if your temps give you enough headroom you can try.
My temps are around 35c at idle. And around 40-50c while playing cs. What is the max voltage and ghz I should go for, if I want to overclock slightly? Could you give me some advice?

My temps are around 35c at idle. And around 40-50c while playing cs. What is the max voltage and ghz I should go for, if I want to overclock slightly? Could you give me some advice?
Sorry I'm not really into OC much, I've only done it once myself.
Probably wait for other answers. Your temps give you plenty of headroom even for a heavy OC so yeah you should definitely do it.

Hello, there! First of all, I have never overclocked in my life. So I wonder if it's possible to overclock my I7-7700K with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED cooler. I mainly play csgo and would like to get a little more fps in that game. If it is possible, what voltage and nummer of ghz should I use? And is it worth doing for the amount of extra fps?

Greetings,

Jobjanusz

More frecuency on your CPU may not translate to more FPS.

FPS are tied to GPU performance, CPU performance, RAM performance.

If you wana get a more accurate answer, is always a good idea to write down the GPU maker and model and the RAM amount and confirguration (dual channel or not).

Reactions: Phaaze88

CompuTronix

Intel Master
I wonder if it's possible to overclock my I7-7700K with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED cooler ...
My temps are around 35c at idle. And around 40-50c while playing cs. What is the max voltage and ghz I should go for, if I want to overclock slightly?
No two processors are identical; each is unique in voltage tolerance, thermal behavior and overclocking potential, which is often referred to as the "silicon lottery". Dialing in your desired GHz then plugging in a certain Core voltage is not the correct approach. Instead, the objective is to achieve the highest stable overclock without exceeding 1.400 Vcore or 80°C.

Start by reading several guides before you attempt an overclock, so you have an understanding of what you're actually doing when you change certain settings, which will ensure that you don't damage your hard-earned components.

Overclocking is always limited by two factors; voltage and temperature.​

As Core speed (MHz) increases, Core voltage (Vcore) automatically increases to maintain stability. However, it's not recommended to overclock using “Auto” BIOS settings, motherboard features or software utilities, as significantly more Vcore than necessary is applied to maintain stability, which needlessly increases Power and heat. It's instead highly recommended to use only "manual" Vcore in BIOS. Overclocking guides will explain how it's done.

CPU Overclocking Guide and Tutorial for Beginners

Intel Temperature Guide

Here's the Maximum Recommended Vcore per Microarchitecture from 14 to 65 nanometers since 2006:

qmcaTkx.jpg

For your 7th Generation i7-7700K, Core voltages above 1.400 are not recommended.

Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

PdancCI.jpg

Core temperatures increase and decrease with ambient (room) temperature, for which the International Standard (normal) is 22°C or 72°F.

You can also search Google for an overclocking guide specific to your CPU and motherboard.

CT :sol:

Solution

Jobjanusz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019

Greetings,

Jobjanusz
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16 GB Dual Channel.

Start by reading several guides before you attempt an overclock, so you have an understanding of what you're actually doing when you change certain settings, which will ensure that you don't damage your hard-earned components.

Overclocking is always limited by two factors; voltage and temperature.​

As Core speed (MHz) increases, Core voltage (Vcore) automatically increases to maintain stability. However, it's not recommended to overclock using “Auto” BIOS settings, motherboard features or software utilities, as significantly more Vcore than necessary is applied to maintain stability, which needlessly increases Power and heat. It's instead highly recommended to use only "manual" Vcore in BIOS. Overclocking guides will explain how it's done.

CPU Overclocking Guide and Tutorial for Beginners

Intel Temperature Guide

Here's the Maximum Recommended Vcore per Microarchitecture from 14 to 65 nanometers since 2006:

qmcaTkx.jpg

For your 7th Generation i7-7700K, Core voltages above 1.400 are not recommended.

Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

PdancCI.jpg

Core temperatures increase and decrease with ambient (room) temperature, for which the International Standard (normal) is 22°C or 72°F.

You can also search Google for an overclocking guide specific to your CPU and motherboard.

CT :sol:
Thank you. I will look into this.