[SOLVED] Is the cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 RGB good?

ayoubiee

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone, I am currently trying to build a new pc and had a question. Is the cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 a good cooler for a Ryzen 5 or 7?
and can I fit it in my NZXT H510? or should I go with the nzxt kraken.

Solution
It's good for the price, but it's more like the H510 is bad - for airflow.
AIOs do best when placed against mesh panels. With a 240mm in the H510, you end up choking the crap out of the fans as well as reducing air intake to the gpu and other components in the PC.

Air cooler got an edge in that chassis. It's closer to the center, so its fan(s) has more breathing room, and it's not further restricting front air intake.

That said, the H510 supports front mounted 240 and 280mm AIOs, with the exception of Arctic's Liquid Freezer IIs; the rads are 38mm thick, making for a total of 63mm thick. The max front clearance is 60mm.
Most other AIOs have 27-30mm thick rads.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's good for the price, but it's more like the H510 is bad - for airflow.
AIOs do best when placed against mesh panels. With a 240mm in the H510, you end up choking the crap out of the fans as well as reducing air intake to the gpu and other components in the PC.

Air cooler got an edge in that chassis. It's closer to the center, so its fan(s) has more breathing room, and it's not further restricting front air intake.

That said, the H510 supports front mounted 240 and 280mm AIOs, with the exception of Arctic's Liquid Freezer IIs; the rads are 38mm thick, making for a total of 63mm thick. The max front clearance is 60mm.
Most other AIOs have 27-30mm thick rads.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution