Is the corsair carbide spec 03 any good for pc gaming?I'm building it with an asus gtx 980 and i5 4690k,If it's not good can y

Solution
The spec line of cases aren't bad in terms of looks although when I started comparing specs of various cases opted to pass on it. I prefer to use air coolers over water coolers and the spec 01/02/03 cases are a bit narrower than most other cases with support for cpu coolers up to 150-157mm. Unfortunately that can really limit the options, many cases offer at least 160mm clearance for a cpu cooler. Even the popular budget hyper 212 evo is too tall to fit in a spec 03 case.

Some cases may have a better design for airflow but it's kind of a personal choice in terms of looks and flexibility (removable drive bays, fan mounting options etc). A lot of people like the phanteks enthoo cases, as well as fractal design r4/r5, nzxt h440, corsair...
The spec line of cases aren't bad in terms of looks although when I started comparing specs of various cases opted to pass on it. I prefer to use air coolers over water coolers and the spec 01/02/03 cases are a bit narrower than most other cases with support for cpu coolers up to 150-157mm. Unfortunately that can really limit the options, many cases offer at least 160mm clearance for a cpu cooler. Even the popular budget hyper 212 evo is too tall to fit in a spec 03 case.

Some cases may have a better design for airflow but it's kind of a personal choice in terms of looks and flexibility (removable drive bays, fan mounting options etc). A lot of people like the phanteks enthoo cases, as well as fractal design r4/r5, nzxt h440, corsair carbide series etc. Not sure what style appeals to you. I personally replaced my old outdated case (poor airflow, cramped, no usb 3.0) with the enthoo pro and I'm pretty happy with it. Plenty of room for routing cables behind the motherboard, the windowed version comes with a metal psu cover, came with two fans (140mm rear exhaust, 200mm front intake). Other cases typically come with their own fans as well. Where my old case (antec sonata ii) was built more as a 'quiet' case and only had a rear 120mm exhaust and partially obstructed front intake, this one's about as open air as you can get. The back has a vented grill above the 140mm rear fan, the whole top, bottom and roughly 2/3 the front is all open/filtered.

Some things to consider are radiator mounting options if you plan to water cool, hdd cage configuration for accommodating various sized graphics cards etc. Plenty of good cases out there, I just think corsair could have made that particular line of cases a bit wider to handle a wider range of coolers. Unfortunately pcpartpicker is a site many people rely on for parts compatibility and they mistakenly list the spec cases as being compatible with coolers that are in fact too large to fit.

Solution